Friday, August 16, 2013

Minamoto-kun Monogatari review

Minamoto-kun Monogatari by Inaba Minori is about a boy named Minamoto Terumi who has girly features that make people think he's a girl. In middle school girls bullied him and made him fear women. Now starting college he wants to change that. He wants to get over his fear and bang every girl that comes his way. That same day his father brings in his new mother. The place they live in is only fit for two people and the father tells him he's going to live with his aunt from now on. His aunt Fujimara Kaoruko is an associate professor at the school he goes to. Minamoto knew she hated men and when they get home she talks to him on how he fears women. She takes off her shirt and he tells her "don't you hate men?" and her response was "I use to". Fujimara Kaoruko then asks him if he wants to be part of her research. In her research she will teach him the ways of love and all the girls that come through their door (expect her) he would make his. She wants a deeper understanding of the novel Genji Monogatari and Minamoto is somewhat like the main character. He agrees and now his journey starts of overcoming his fear and making all those women his.

When I first read the summary to this I didn't get it all that much so I decided to check it out. I wasn't all that impress with the manga but it did make me want to read it more. I wanted to know how the whole research was going to play out throughout the manga. It is a little weird having your aunt use you as research and that research being to screw women. Minamoto isn't a character I like or dislike. He isn't an interesting character all that much because all you every really see is him wanting to screw women. He seems like a nice guy but there's not much of him to like or not like. Fujimara has the same problem. I don't know whether to like her or not. She hardly has any emotions and only cares about her research. She would do anything to get her research going even letting her nephew touch and suck on her breast.
I hope with the chapters that haven't come out yet help give these characters more dimension.    

Overall this manga isn't all that bad. The art style is in the middle and the story line is one I don't see all that much now. One thing I really hate is every chapter except the first and the second are only 9 pages. 9 pages isn't a very good idea in my opinion because you make scenes more long than they have to and are cut off in the good part. At times I have to wait months for a chapter to come out and it annoys me. If you make the chapters so short bring out at least 2 chapters to make people happy. Minamoto-Kun Monogatari gets a 5.5 out of 10. The story is good but the characters are forgettable and you have to wait months for an update and all you get is 9 pages -_-.
This is undeadwolfgirlhinata signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment